Sunday, March 2, 2014

Hip Items

1. Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger
     I recently embarked on my third reading of Catcher in the Rye. It's such a great piece of work. And strangely enough, after reading Salinger stories I tend to start talking like his characters. 
2. Life of Pi by Yann Martel
     We're reading Pi in my Humanities class. I saw the movie first and really enjoyed it, so I didn't expect less of the book. Martel has quite the talent for imagery. It's a great read so far.
3. The Stranger by Albert Camus
     A friend and I were on our routine coffee run last week and he pulled out a gorgeous copy of The Stranger and insisted that I borrow it. It's a 1946 edition. Very nice to touch.
4. Nine Stories by J.D. Salinger
     I just finished this book last weekend. Very great. My favorite story is the Eskimo one. 
5. Vanilla Candle from Walmart 
     There was a blizzard last week and my power went out multiple times throughout the night. The candle was very helpful. My brother and I sat in front of it and played our guitars together that night. Candles do good for human relations.
6. Morning Star Patchouli incense
     Smells good. 
7. Salinger: A Film by Shane Solerno
     I learned quite a few things about Salinger. Turns out the guy is kinda nutty, but he's a genius, let's be real.
8. Frozen Official Soundtrack
     You know how many times I sang "Let it Go" in the last few days? 
9. Icons: 200 Men and Women Who Made a Difference
     Stumbled upon this in the public library's used book store. I pretty much bought it for the beautiful gigantic pictures of my idols (including Humphrey Bogart and Katherine Hepburn).
10. A Medicine for Melancholy by Ray Bradbury
     Found this at my school's library. You can't really turn down a Bradbury book when you see one.

No comments:

Post a Comment